HYPERMOTARD 950 SP
PURE FUN, ENDLESS ADRENALIN
Aggressive look, sporty and fearless character: the new Hypermotard 950 goes back to the roots of competition motard style without sacrificing the sporty essence. Wide handlebar, narrow sides, low weight for greater agility when changing directions. With the 114 HP Testastretta 11° engine, the new Hypermotard 950 offers unlimited excitement and fun.
The new Hypermotard 950 is also available in a restricted power version of 35KW, compliant for A2 license riders.
The new Hypermotard perfectly combines such distinctive features of the Hypermotard 1100 as minimalism, aggressiveness, lightweight look and "fun-bike" image with the innovation and technology of Ducati's latest generation models.
FUN TO THE NTH DEGREE
Riding position has been thoroughly revised for the utmost riding fun and control. The new Hypermotard 950 sports a new, more open handlebar, narrower side profile and a new Hypermotard 950 seat, featuring a flat, extended profile and a moderate bulge in the passenger area for improved comfort. The SP version’s seat is flat, in line with the motard style, to facilitate shifting forward and backward on the seat while riding.
DUCATI TESTASTRETTA 11°
The Hypermotard 950 family is equipped with a revised version of the 937 cu cm twin-cylinder Ducati Testastretta 11°. The twin-cylinder engine has been radically revised (and lightened by 1.5 kg). It outputs 4 more horsepower than its predecessor, achieving 114 hp at 9,000 rpm and a flat torque curve peaking at 9.8 kgm at 7,250 rpm.
Thanks to Ducati's constant attention to quality, the 937 cc Testastretta 11° engine allows optimal maintenance management: valve adjustment is scheduled every 30,000 km.
Power Modes, Day Time Running Light (DRL), Ducati Quick Shift (DQS) up/down, Marchesini forged wheels, Tapered aluminum handlebars, Removable passenger footpegs, USB power socket, Carbon fibre components: front mudguard, timing belt covers.
- 6-Axis Inertial Measurement Unit (6D IMU): The Hypermotard 950 is equipped with modern, sophisticated electronics based on Bosch 6-axis inertial platform, which instantly detects the motorcycle roll, yaw and pitch angle in space.
- Riding Mode: The operating parameters of each control system are associated by default with the three electronic setups, or Riding Modes, available on the Hypermotard 950. Riders have the ability to customize their riding styles and restore the parameters set by Ducati.
- Instrumentation: The instrumentation of the Hypermotard 950 family includes a 4.3" TFT display.
- Headlights and indicators: The front light unit features a lightweight, very compact design and uses a headlight with Daytime Running Light (DRL), ensuring high visibility even during the day.
- Testastretta 11°: The Hypermotard 950 family is equipped with a revised version of the 937 cu cm twin-cylinder Ducati Testastretta 11°.
- New compression ratio: The Testastretta 11° engine has new pistons with a compression ratio of 13.3:1 (compared to 12.6:1 of the predecessor), a new exhaust cam profile and a new exhaust system with the silencers located under the seat.
- Gearbox and clutch: The engine is equipped with a wet clutch with self-servo action and anti-hop function. Its new hydraulic control system with adjustable lever help reduce lever effort.
- Bosch EVO ABS Cornering: To ensure high braking performance, combined with excellent safety, the new Hypermotard 950 has been equipped with Bosch EVO ABS Cornering system with three-level adjustment.
- Ducati Traction Control EVO (DTC EVO): The DTC EVO on the Hypermotard 950 is based on an algorithm that makes its interventions more precise and quick.
- Ducati Wheelie Control EVO (DWC EVO): The Hypermotard 950 comes with the latest version of the Ducati Wheelie Control EVO (DWC EVO). This system uses the information provided by Bosch IMU 6D to prevent wheelies and enables the rider to achieve maximum performance under acceleration with ease and safely.
- Ducati Multimedia System (DMS): The Hypermotard 950 comes with provisions for the Ducati Multimedia System (DMS), which enables user to answer phone calls, select and play music tracks, and receive text notifications via Bluetooth technology.
- Frame: The Hypermotard 950 family features a new steel trellis frame with variable-section tubes that weighs one kilo less than the previous model.
- Suspensions: The Hypermotard 950 is equipped with a new Marzocchi fork with fully adjustable 45 mm aluminium tubes and stanchions, and 170 mm wheel travel that shaved off 500 grams compared to the unit installed on the previous version.
- Brakes: The front braking system features two monobloc radially-mounted 4-piston Brembo M4.32 callipers operated by a radial brake master cylinder with adjustable 5-position lever.
- Wheels and tyres: The Hypermotard 950 is equipped with 3-spoke Y-shaped aluminium rims with 3.5" section up front and 5.5" section at the rear, and is fitted with Pirelli Diablo Rosso III tyres, namely 120/70 ZR17 up front and 180/55/55 ZR17 at the rear.