NINJA® ZX™-10R ABS
- RACING-INSPIRED: The Ninja® ZX™-10R supersport puts racing-inspired handling technology at your control. Advanced suspension and brake componentry combined with new chassis geometry and precisely tuned bodywork for maximum aerodynamic performance result in handling set to dominate the track.
- AGILE & BALANCED: New chassis geometry moves front/rear balance forward for improved handling and turning performance. Frame and swingarm updates lower the swingarm pivot and lengthen the wheelbase providing improved rear suspension action during corner exits.
- CONFIDENT BRAKING: Front Brembo® brakes feature a pair of massive 330mm semi-floating discs that deliver superb braking force and brake feel. The brake system features dual radial-mount Brembo M-50 cast aluminum monobloc calipers, Brembo’s highest grade mass production brake calipers. Experience increased controllability, stronger braking force and greater freedom of movement with revised rear brake pads and a repositioned rear brake reservoir.
- FORM MEETS FUNCTION: Every update to the Ninja® ZX™-10R supersport is designed to deliver maximum aerodynamic performance. A new upper cowl and windshield offers significant drag reduction while new integrated upper cowl winglets generate downforce to help keep the front wheel grounded. A host of styling updates like LED headlights and front, side and tail cowl design live up to the legendary aggressive styling Ninja® sportbikes are known for while contributing to advanced aerodynamics.
- A WINNING POSITION: The Ninja® ZX™-10R receives improved ergonomics for 2021. Wider handlebar and higher footpeg positions offer a more aggressive riding position, while a new seat design helps riders minimize drag on straightaways when tucked behind the taller windshield.
- COMFORT & PERFORMANCE: Showa's advanced 43mm Balance Free Fork (BFF) brings state-of-the-art WorldSBK racing suspension technology to a mass production supersport motorcycle on the Ninja® ZX™-10R motorcycle. The Horizontal Back-link Rear Suspension featuring a compact and lightweight Showa Balance Free Rear Cushion (BFRC) lite shock provide superb comfort and sport performance. Take on the track confidently with updated track-focused suspension settings.
- DESIGNED TO WIN: The Ninja® ZX™-10R motorcycle features World Superbike Championship-proven technology delivering unrivaled agility, control and handling.
- NEXT-LEVEL TECHNOLOGY: The highly advanced, compact IMU enables inertia along 6 Degrees of Freedom to be monitored. Acceleration along longitudinal, transverse and vertical axes plus roll rate and pitch are measured. The yaw rate is calculated by the ECU using Kawasaki’s proprietary dynamic modeling software. Kawasaki’s dynamic modeling software utilizes the Bosch IMU as a source of input then processes the input to provide electronic rider aides that support the rider’s intentions while maintaining seamless performance. This next-level system enables predictive and adaptive electronics for precise chassis orientation awareness.
- SPORT-KAWASAKI TRACTION CONTROL: Hybrid predictive/feedback-type evolution of the highly sophisticated traction control system helps racers push harder by maximizing acceleration. Five modes enable a greater range of feeling for specific track conditions and riding preferences. Updates to Modes 4 and 5 offer a more rider-friendly characteristic while cornering.
- KAWASAKI INTELLIGENT ANTI-LOCK BRAKE SYSTEM: Kawasaki’s supersport-grade high-precision multi-sensing ABS brake assistance system uses high-precision control to modulate brake pressure during sport riding.
- KAWASAKI CORNERING MANAGEMENT FUNCTION: Input from the IMU enables cornering management which assists riders in holding their intended line through the corners on the track.
- OPTIMAL DAMPING: Specially developed Öhlins electronic steering damper provides just the right amount of damping based on vehicle speed and degree of acceleration or deceleration.
- ADAPT TO THE ROAD: Integrated riding modes link Kawasaki Traction Control (KTRC) and Power Modes to offer varying traction control and power delivery settings to suit different riding conditions. Sport mode enables sporty riding for tracks or back roads. Road mode covers a wide range of typical riding situations. Rain mode delivers reassurance over wet road surfaces. Four available rider modes (manual) offer custom combinations to better suit preferences.
- CHAMPIONSHIP-PROVEN POWER: The 998cc four-cylinder engine of the Ninja® ZX™-10R motorcycle was designed to win championships. Based on feedback from Kawasaki's WorldSBK race machine, a new air-cooled oil cooler increases cooling performance for strong engine performance at all rpm. New gear ratios are optimized for track riding and offer quicker low-mid range acceleration. The Ninja® ZX™-10R is built for those who rise to the challenge.
- POWERFUL & EFFICIENT: Internal engine designs, from the lightweight crankshaft and pistons to the wide intake and exhaust ports, focus on producing peak power and delivering strong low- to mid-range power for quick acceleration.
- WORLDSBK INSPIRED: Valve train inspired by Kawasaki’s WorldSBK engineers is an example of top-level racing technology. Finger-follower valve actuation enables a higher rev limit and more aggressive cam profiles – both contributing to high-rpm performance.
- CONTROLLED POWER DELIVERY: 47mm electronic throttle valves and 32-bit ECU operate with great precision to provide smooth engine response.
- LIGHTWEIGHT & BALANCED: The titanium alloy exhaust system is heat resistant, lightweight and positioned to create a low center of gravity for effective mass centralization and light handling.
- BEYOND NORMAL: Kawasaki next-level electronics bring the extraordinary power of the World Superbike-winning Ninja® ZX™-10R motorcycle to stunning new levels.
- KAWASAKI LAUNCH CONTROL MODE: The 3-mode system is designed to help racers optimize acceleration from a stop. Kawasaki Launch Control Mode (KLCM) manages engine output to minimize wheelspin and front wheel lift off the starting line.
- MORE CONVENIENCE: Kawasaki Engine Brake Control (KEBC) allows riders to set engine braking according to preference while the new electronic cruise control allows a desired speed to be maintained with the simple press of a button.
- KAWASAKI QUICK SHIFTER: The dual-direction Kawasaki Quick Shifter (KQS) system facilitates acceleration by allowing clutchless upshifts and downshifts while on the track. Designed for more effective sport riding, KQS can also be used on the street when the engine is above 2,500 rpm.
- REFINED POWER: The Ninja® ZX™-10R motorcycle has three power modes (Full/Middle/Low), allowing you to set power delivery to suit conditions and/or preference.
- TAKE CONTROL FROM YOUR PHONE: Bluetooth® Smartphone Connectivity (using RIDEOLOGY THE APP*) connects you with your bike like never before, allowing you to view vehicle info, riding log, phone notifications and general settings.
- DIGITAL LANDSCAPE: All-digital TFT (thin-film transistor) color instrumentation gives the cockpit a high-tech, high-grade appearance and visibility. The screen’s background color is selectable (black or white), and screen brightness adjusts automatically to suit available light. Display functions include: digital speedometer, gear position indicator, upshift indicator, odometer, dual trip meter, fuel gauge, cruising distance, average fuel consumption, outside temperature, water temperature, clock, economical riding indicator, IMU indicator, KIBS indicator, boost pressure and boost temperature.
ROOTED IN RESULTS
- Engine 4-stroke, In-Line Four, DOHC, 16-valve, liquid-cooled
- Displacement 998cc
- Bore x Stroke 76.0 x 55.0mm
- Compression Ratio 13.0:1
- Fuel System DFI® w/47mm Mikuni throttle bodies (4) with oval sub-throttles, two injectors per cylinder
- Ignition TCBI with digital advance and Sport-Kawasaki Traction Control (S-KTRC)
- Transmission 6-speed, return shift
- Final Drive Sealed chain
- Electronic Rider Aids Electronic Cruise Control, Kawasaki Launch Control Mode (KLCM), Kawasaki Intelligent anti-lock Brake System (KIBS), Kawasaki Sport Traction Control (S-KTRC), Kawasaki Engine Braking Control, Kawasaki Quick Shifter (KQS) (upshift & downshift), Kawasaki Corner Management Function (KCMF)
*Price plus costs, tax, lic, dlr*