BRAVE THE STORM
The new Streetfighter V2 is a sports naked with a one-of-a-kind character. It accommodates the needs of those looking for a bike that can combine the sporty DNA of the Panigale V2 with both the attitude and style of the much-admired Streetfighter. The result is an intuitive and easy-to-handle vehicle, with the right dose of power to ensure feisty performance and maximum riding fun.
The dry weight of this vehicle is 392 lb and the engine is the 955 cc and 153 hp Superquadro controlled by the latest-generation electronic package.
The Ducati Streetfighter V2 range includes the Ducati Red color scheme and is now expanded with the introduction of a new matte metallic green color that enhances the bike's design: Storm Green.
- The base is that of the home-grown V2 supersport, the Panigale V2. But the Streetfighter has no fairings, while the design, the riding position and the character of the bike are significantly influenced by the high and wide handlebar. The Streetfighter V2 has been conceived, designed, and developed around this core philosophy. An approach that makes the guiding principle of the Streetfighter V4 more accessible, in every respect. In addition, thanks to an incredibly balanced combination of lightness, compactness and performance, the Streetfighter V2 creates a new market segment.
- SCULPTURAL AND ESSENTIAL LINES: The lightness of the bike is also visual, in that the super structures covering the aluminum “Front Frame” and the V2 Superquadro engine are stripped to an absolute minimum. A conscious decision, for a pathway that ensures the Streetfighter V2 flaunts sculpted, essential lines, where everything on display has a specific function. Even the smallest element has both an aesthetic purpose and a functional aspect, directing hot air from the radiator away from the rider’s legs for example. The classic stylistic elements of the Streetfighter V4 are used, starting with the distinctive headlight, which recalls the V-shaped DLR typical of Ducati sports bikes and is inspired by the famous grin of the Joker. Thorough aerodynamic research and performance on a more human scale ensure that the Streetfighter V2 can do away with the wings, without compromizing on chassis efficiency. And the bike is even cleaner, even more essential as a result. A Streetfighter in the pure sense of the word.
- The IMU inertial platform oversees all electronic controls of the Streetfighter V2. The IMU works on 6 axes by measuring the position of the bike in space in real time and sending the information to the control units that manage the electronic controls. All this in order to ensure maximum performance and safety. The operating parameters of each control are associated by default to the three Riding Modes (Sport, Road, Wet).
- ABS CORNERING EVO: The ABS system, available as-standard, can be set at three different levels to fully meet the needs of all riders, on racetrack or road. At level 2 and 3, the ABS system features the Cornering function, which keeps the ABS working even with the bike leaned over, thus preventing a low side crash. Level 3 is recommended for road riding or where there is poor grip; it guarantees safe and stable braking and keeps rear wheel lift under control during aggressive deceleration thanks to the Cornering function. Levels 2 is dedicated to amateur riders enjoying on-road adventure or track days. The system controls both the rear and front braking systems, keeps the cornering function on but disables lift-up control to allow harder, sportier braking. Selecting Level 2 the “slide by brake” function is activated, letting riders drift into bends. Level 1 is not the default setting on any Riding Mode: it is recommended for on-track use by expert riders. It ensures racing-standard ABS intervention on the front wheel only. To maximise performance, both the cornering and anti lift-up functions are disabled.
- DUCATI TRACTION CONTROL EVO 2: The Streetfighter V2 is equipped with DTC EVO 2 traction control system MotoGP-derived, managed by the 6-axis Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) and adapting intervention on the basis of lean angle. The system offers maximum performance and safety on the racetrack and on the road. The predictive strategy allows not only to “cut” the power delivery after slippage, but to predict its start, thus allowing a more linear and homogeneous control. All this on the track obviously means more effective driving and better lap times. Moreover, specifically for the Streetfighter V2, also born to further boost sporty on-road riding, it also means a greater level of safety and acceleration control, whatever the asphalt condition. In addition to controlling spark advance and injection, the DTC EVO 2 system uses, in all situations not requiring fast intervention, the throttle body valves to maintain optimal combustion parameters and guarantee more fluid engine response and control. DTC EVO 2 can be set to 8 different levels (6 for dry conditions, 2 for wet), letting riders adapt control strategy to their individual riding styles and grip conditions to maximize performance.
- DUCATI WHEELIE CONTROL EVO: The Streetfighter V2 is equipped with the latest version of Ducati Wheelie Control (DWC) EVO. Using the data feed from the 6D IMU, this system keeps wheelies under control while maximizing acceleration easily and safely. DWC EVO provides more accurate wheelie readings; it thus exerts more precise control to ensure the bike responds faster to rider input.
- DUCATI QUICK SHIFT UP/DOWN EVO 2: DQS EVO 2 with up/down function, developed for the Streetfighter V2, exploits lean angle data to maximize bike stability when shifting gears through the corners. In addition to minimizing shift times, DQS EVO 2 allows clutchless down-changes, making hard braking more effective than ever. Extent and duration of system operation are designed to ensure seamless shifting even during extreme track sessions; during down-shifts the system works in combination with the anti-hopping clutch and Engine Brake Control (EBC).
- ENGINE BRAKE CONTROL EVO: The Engine Brake Control was developed to help riders optimise bike stability under extreme turn-in conditions and does so by balancing the forces applied to the rear tire under severe engine braking conditions. The Streetfighter V2 EBC EVO system, optimised according to lean angle, monitors the throttle body valve position, selected gear and crankshaft deceleration during aggressive braking and adjusts throttle aperture to balance out the torque forces applied to the tyre.
- HEADLIGHTS AND INDICATORS: The front light unit features an extremely compact headlight, thanks to the adoption of two bi-function LED modules for low beam and high beam. The Daytime Running Light and the upper thread of the double headlamp give life to a frowning look and also represents the modern hallmark of Ducati sports bikes. At the rear, however, the full-LED headlight is functionally divided into two parts, in line with Ducati sports vehicles tradition (specifications may vary market by market). In the event of violent braking, the Ducati Brake Light (DBL) system automatically activates the flashing of the rear light, in order to appropriately signal the condition of abrupt slowdown to the following vehicles, contributing to the active safety of the vehicle. The red double arc of the position light makes the Streetfighter V2 unmistakable, as does its aggressive gaze. Completing the lighting system are the front and rear LED direction indicators.
- RIDING MODES: Ducati Riding Modes allow riders select among three different pre-set riding options: Wet, Road and Sport which optimize motorcycle behaviour to individual riding styles and different road conditions as well. Each Riding Mode is associated with a different setting of the control parameters. Selecting the different options the user can instantaneously change the engine souls together with the electronic controls.
- WET RIDING MODE: Wet Mode was developed to get the most on low-grip surfaces. The rider benefits of the full power of the Superquadro engine (153 hp) including a particularly progressive and manageable delivery. The pre-set level of electronic controls is set to offer maximum safety, intervening in particular on Ducati Traction Control and Ducati Wheelie Control, to ensure excellent grip combined with great stability.
- ROAD RIDING MODE: Road Riding Mode: the rider can count on 153 hp and a more responsive engine. The electronic controls are calibrated to better manage the performance of the bike when riding on dry road surfaces. Selecting Road RM the rear wheel lift control during braking is activated and the ABS Cornering EVO function is set to offer maximum cornering performance.
- SPORT RIDING MODE: This Riding Mode is the most suitable for sporty adventures, both on the road and on the racetrack. This option allows in fact the rider to count on the best performance of the Superquadro, engine, achievable thanks to a Ride by Wire calibration that provides for a instant and crispy response from the engine. The electronic controls are set to be as less aggressive as possible without compromizing safety. Level 2 ABS eliminates lift-up control and activates the “slide by brake” function, the controlled drift under braking that allows the biker to safely slide the bike when entering the corner.
- RIDER-CENTRIC ERGONOMICS: Ergonomics has major rider-centric features and is focused on road use with the added values of sportiness and comfort. The high and wide aluminum handlebars replace the handlebar risers of the Panigale V2. The saddle now is longer, wider and has new padding that contributes to make this bike even more comfortable. In addition, the footpegs have been repositioned to increase the amount of room. All these improvements allow the biker great control in sporty riding and facilitate everyday use at the same time.
- WHEELS AND TIRES: The Streetfighter V2 is equipped with 5-spoke wheels and the new Pirelli Diablo Rosso IV tyres: 120/70 ZR17 at the front and 180/60 ZR17 at the rear, which provide a super fast response to the rider’s needs together with an extra cornering feeling. Except for the adoption of brake pads characterised by a less aggressive bite, more suitable for road use, the whole braking system is faithfully taken from the Panigale V2 and features Brembo M4-32 monobloc radial calipers with 320 mm diameter discs.
- BRAKING SYSTEM: The excellence of Ducati braking systems is also maintained in the Streetfighter V2, which is equipped with an entirely radial front system (callipers and pump) with M4.32 monobloc calipers that act on a pair of 320 mm discs. The rear system is also manufactured by Brembo and consists of a calliper with two opposing pistons that acts on a 245 mm diameter disc. The brake pads have a less aggressive bite than on the Panigale V2 to favour their effectiveness in road use. The pads are less aggressive than those on the Panigale V2 to favour their effectiveness in road use.
- SUSPENSIONS: To this platform are added the 43 mm Showa BPF front fork and the Sachs shock absorber, featuring dedicated calibration to make the bike more comfortable on the road as well as easily adjustable for a whole new dimension of fun on the racetrack.
- In keeping with the Streetfighter’s style, the V2 version is characterised by a riding position that perfectly combines sporty flavour with superior comfort feeling. Compared to the Panigale V2, the torso position results less extreme. Furthermore, the load on the rider’s wrists is less tiring and the footrests have been repositioned, thus offering great control during sporty riding and in everyday use.
- The handlebar risers of the Panigale V2 leave room for a high and wide aluminium tubular handlebar. The seat, derived from the Streetfighter V4, is 33.2 inches high, and compared to that of the Panigale V2 it is longer, wider and has new padding that contributes to make this bike even more comfortable.
*Price plus dest, tax, lic, dlr*