The new Monster represents all the essence of Ducati in the lightest, most compact, and essential form possible. You can already guess it from the name: Monster, nothing else.
The iconic, timeless styling of the Monster enters a new era with an evolved, contemporary design. It retains its 1993 DNA: the engine as the undisputed star at center stage, topped by the unmistakable bison-back tank, with the circular headlight recessed into the shoulders and the clean, streamlined tail. The Monster remains the epitome of naked bike excellence.
- A NEW MONSTER DESIGN: The iconic, timeless styling of the Monster enters a new era with an evolved, contemporary design. It retains its 1993 DNA: the engine as the undisputed star at center stage, topped by the unmistakable bison-back tank, with the circular headlight recessed into the shoulders and the clean, streamlined tail. But in a more modern, sporty and technological guise, designed to enhance the personality of the bike and maximize the enjoyment of those who ride it.
- DETAILS: It's a new chapter, made of shapes evolved in a modern, elegant and technological direction. Maximum compactness and lightness are wisely combined with the traditional yet essential and pure lines of Ducati. In addition, each single technical feature participates, in harmony, with the design to reimagine the concept of the sport naked conceived by Ducati in 1993. Starting with the front frame, clearly inspired by the Panigale V4.
- COMPACT AND ESSENTIAL: From a zenithal viewpoint, this new machine reveals all its seductive lines, namely the narrow seat, the muscular tank which widens towards the rear to meet, as a true sporty bike, the volume of the side panels.
- FULL-LED HEADLIGHT: The Full-LED headlight maintains the iconic, round shape, made even more evident and modern by the incorporation of the LED Daytime Time Running Light (DRL) system. The structure of the headlight also evolves, and it does so thanks to a lens that fully integrates both optical and electronic elements. What’s more, the technical elements contribute to create modern and technological suggestions.
- THE CLASSIC “BISON-BACK” TANK: The tank is undoubtedly the icy on the cake. Curved and muscular, as a real Monster deserves, sculpted with the classic knees area, it evolves in the sides stretched towards the front wheel, a volume that dominates the direction indicators characterized by the swiping technology.
- REAR FRAME: The short tail, essential and appealing, has a visible rear frame with both a structural and aesthetic function, in addition to two painted side panels inspired by the Panigale V4.
- DRIVING PLEASURE AND FEELING OF CONTROL: Such modern Monster deserves a first-rate electronics kit. The standard equipment includes fully-adjustable ABS Cornering, Traction Control, Wheelie Control. This electronic equipment allows the bike's performance to be expressed with a high degree of active safety. Like all the latest generation Ducati bikes, the new Monster takes advantage of the Ride-by-Wire technology for the dynamic control systems of the bike, to compose the Riding Modes that modify the character of the bike adapting it to the road conditions and/or the rider’s riding skill.
- DUCATI TRACTION CONTROL: The Ducati Traction Control (DTC) system acts as a smart “filter” between accelerator and the rear tyre. It lets the rider select one of 8 different intervention levels. Each of the 3 Riding Modes has default DTC levels but these can be personalised to suit individual riders’ styles and road conditions.
- LAUNCH CONTROL: The new Monster is equipped with a Launch Control system that allows extremely effective starts. Once activated, the system autonomously manages the engine (whatever the throttle is opened) bringing the engine to maximum torque and letting the owner only to manage the clutch at the start. This is a drag race-proof mode that provides for the best possible acceleration.
- DUCATI WHEELIE CONTROL: The Launch Control system also makes use of the Wheelie Control, the control that allows the bike to accelerate to the maximum while detecting any front wheel lift. This attitude is managed electronically, improving riding safety but, at the same time, ensuring the best possible acceleration performance. Furthermore, Wheelie Control is independently adjustable from other control systems.
- DUCATI QUICK SHIFT (DQS) UP/DOWN: Available as standard on the new Monster the Ducati Quick Shift (DQS) up/down, a race-derived electronic system, lets riders up-change without using the clutch. This system not only boosts the enjoyment of sports riding but it also lends a welcome hand in city traffic or on winding roads requiring frequent gear changes.
- COLOR TFT INSTRUMENTATION: The Monster instrument panel is embellished by a 4.3” color TFT display. Its graphics comes from the Panigale V4 and offers useful on-board information. In the center of the screen rev counter and currently selected gear are showed. Even air temperature and fuel level are immediately readable. This device it is also predisposed to display information from the Ducati Multimedia System (DMS), which allows to connect the smartphone to the motorcycle via Bluetooth module (available as an accessory) and to manage some functions via the buttons positioned on the handlebar. The display shows the “music player” commands, the headset connection status icons, incoming call as well as message received alert icons.
- AN EASY-TO-HANDLE BIKE: Ducati Monster is able to put anyone at ease even in the most sporty riding. The riding position is now even more comfortable thanks to a special attention to the design of the saddle characterized by an extremely tapered shape in the leg passage area and a foam capable of offering comfort. It is equipped with a 43 mm diameter fork that provides 130 mm of travel to the front wheel. The adjustable rear shock absorber ensures that the rear wheel has a particularly generous excursion: a good 140 mm.
- FRONT FRAME: The new Monster brings the engine back to centre-stage. Linked to a front frame ideally derived from the one on the Panigale V4, the new engine is made of aluminum and is 9.9 lb lighter than the 821 model.
- SLEEK TAIL: The sleek tail - made with modern GFRP (Glass Fiber Reinforced Polymer) technology - drops 4.2 lb.
- SEAT HEIGHT: The height from the ground of the seat of the new Monster is 32.8 in. This, combined with the narrow sides of the bike, allows the rider to put his feet on the ground very easily. A seat is available as an accessory that reduces the height from the ground to 31.5 in, while still maintaining good padding. And, for those who wish, a kit of springs for the suspension can be purchased, which lower the vehicle by reducing the seat height to 30.5 in from the ground.
- HYDRAULIC CLUTCH: The clutch equipping the new Monster is wet anti-patter type and thanks to its particular self-servo system can guarantee a smooth feedback. Thanks to the new hydraulic control results extremely “light” to pull (-20% effort) and perfect in modulating the attack to suit riders of all levels and spirit.
- BRAKING SYSTEM: The best possible braking system while maintaining great modulation and light and punctual control in operation: that is the aim of the Ducati engineers who developed, in close collaboration with Brembo, a higher-end braking system. Up front it mounts twin Brembo M4-32 4-piston monobloc calipers that grip 320 mm discs. The new radial pump offers a supreme control feeling as well as guaranteeing a braking power that represents a benchmark in the segment. Clutch and brake levers are both adjustable in distance from the handlebar. At the rear, instead, is a single 245 mm disc gripped by a Brembo caliper; like the front brake, it features enhanced-efficiency sintered brake pads.
- TIRES AND WHEELS: Even the alloy-wheels, reduced to a mere 3.7 lb compared to the Monster 821 models, partecipate in the overall new Monster lightness. 3.5 x 17” up front and 5.5 x 17” at the rear, mounting Pirelli Diablo Rosso III tires, 120/70 up front and 180/55 at the rear. A special choice to support the sportiness of the Monster, both on dry and wet surfaces.
- STEERING ANGLE: The new frame but also the careful positioning of some parts, such as the radiator, have made possible a great improvement compared to the previous Monster 821, namely 36° steering angle and, to be more precise, 7° more than the existing version. Thanks to this technical formula, the Monster has never been so agile in urban riding and also when changing direction, thus resulting easier and more intuitive.
- ENGINE: The Monster is powered by the Testastretta 11° 937 cc twin cylinder L-shaped engine, with desmodromic distribution. Compared to the previous 821 it increases in displacement, power, torque and decreases in weight (-5.3 lb) to contribute to the lightness of the bike and offer better rideability.
*Price plus dest, tax, lic, dlr*