Multistrada V4 Pikes Peak
Rule all mountains
When sportiness is more important to you than anything else.
The Multistrada V4 Pikes Peak was developed to bring the sporty qualities of the Multistrada V4 S to the extreme: a dedicated riding position, 17" wheels with sports tyres, single-sided swingarm, Öhlins suspension and the new Race Riding Mode.
A bike that is sharp, precise and effective even on the track.
The Multistrada V4 Pikes Peak is not only the sportiest Multistrada ever, it is also the most powerful model in the entire crossover segment.
- 17” MARCHESINI FORGED ALUMINUM RIMS: The wheels rims are made of forged aluminum, allowing considerable weight savings on unsprung masses and ensuring a considerable speed of execution and an improvement in the bike's dynamic behaviour. The V4 Pikes Peak forged rim weight reduction versus Multistrada V4/V4S cast rims is 5.9 lb, that contribute to the total vehicle lightening of around 8.8 lb.
- PIRELLI DIABLO ROSSO IV TIRES: The new Pirelli Diablo Rosso IV Tires (120/70-17 front 190/55-17 rear) support the sportiness of the Multistrada V4 Pikes Peak and confirms its pure-performance-oriented character.
- CHASSIS DIMENSIONS: The rake of the Multistrada V4 Pikes Peak is 25.75° (+ 1.25° vs Multistrada V4). Trail is now 4.7 inches (+0.019 inches vs Multistrada V4) and wheelbase geometry is 0.0627 inces (+0.0011 inches vs Multistrada V4). These new figures give the Multistrada V4 Pikes Peak the riding characteristics typical of sporty bikes, without compromising comfort in every situation.
- CLASS-LEADING BRAKING SYSTEM: The braking system of the new V4 Pikes Peak is at the top of the segment and derives directly from that of the Panigale V4. At the front, the system includes 13 inch diameter discs and Brembo Stylema monobloc calipers, like the Multistrada V4 S, to which are added the pads of the Panigale V4. At the rear, the system features a single 10.4 inch diameter disc with a Brembo floating caliper.
- ITALIAN DESIGN. MULTISTRADA STYLE: The Centro Stile Ducati focused its attention to perfectly combine shape and function, with the ultimate goal of providing the rider with ideal ergonomics and thus enhancing the performance attitude of the Multistrada V4 Pikes Peak.
- THE FORM FOLLOWS THE FUNCTION: The technical and functional elements are thus transformed into design elements. From radars to aerodynamic appendages; from windshield to the dashboard; from the handlebar controls to the compartment on the fuel tank, everything has been perfectly integrated into the design of the bike.
- NEW “PIKES PEAK” LIVERY: The racing mood of the bike is intensified by the dedicated “Pikes Peak” livery, faithfully inspired both in colors and graphics by that of the Desmosedici GP ’21; even the number plates on both sides of the fuel tank contribute to highlight the deep link with the world of competition.
- CARBON FIBER COMPONENTS: With the aim to further underline its sporty-oriented attitude the new Multistrada V4 Pikes Peak comes with carbon fiber beak and front mudguard.
- FOOTPEGS: The footpegs are higher (+ 0.39 inch) and moved backward (+ 0.39 inch) in order to allow a more aggressive and effective riding position.
- HANDLEBAR GEOMETRY: The handlebar is lower, narrower and has contained curved bars. This guarantees to the rider a better feeling in sporty riding while maintaining an excellent level of comfort.
- LOWERED WINDSHIELD: In line with the Pikes Peak’s tradition, the new Multistrada also adopts a lowered windshield that enhances its sportiness without sacrificing the protection of the rider and passenger alike who, as on any self-respecting sport touring, can tackle even longer journeys.
- CORNERING ABS: The Multistrada V4 Pikes Peak exploits the Bosch 10.3ME Cornering ABS with corners function, properly calibrated to enhance the sporty features of the bike. Adjustable on 3 levels each of which is combined as standard with the different Riding Modes, and is a significant element of the Ducati Safety Pack. Thanks to its ABS control processor, the Multistrada Pikes Peak makes use of a combined braking system (Electronic Combined Braking System) that is optimised at level 3 for the Urban and Touring RM. In Sport and Race modes the ABS is set to level 2. The rider can still further raise the level of sportiness by activating level 1 from the menu, in this case the ABS function (non cornering) is active only on the front axle, and deactivated on the rear wheel, allowing the rear to drift under braking in sportier driving. The V4 Pikes Peak ABS level 1 is mainly oriented to road or racetrack performance while Multistrada V4/V4S ABS level 1 is for off-road application.
- DUCATI WHEELIE CONTROL (DWC): Ducati Wheelie Control has been developed and set to the sporty characteristics of the Multistrada V4 Pikes Peak, to be even more accurate during impulsive maneuvers common in sporty riding. This system, integrated smoothly with the Ducati Riding Modes, offers 8 setting levels. It analyses the attitude of the bike; it detects any front wheel lift and controls torque and power to maximize acceleration in safety.
- DUCATI TRACTION CONTROL (DTC): A key element of the Ducati Safety Pack, DTC equipping the new Multistrada V4 Pikes Peak is a system constantly updated and now integrates data coming from the IMU platform, to efficiently keep under control grip losses and the lean angle. In just a few thousandths of a second with data coming from the sensors, DTC can detect and control rear wheelspin, boosting performance and active safety significantly. The system allows the user to choose between eight different levels. Each one has been programmed to provide a rear wheelspin tolerance that matches progressive levels of riding ability (classified from 1 to 8).
- VEHICLE HOLD CONTROL (VHC): The latest generation Vehicle Hold Control (VHC) system provides riders with easier restarts, even in critical situations like on a gradient; this is because it modulates brake pressure during starts, leaving the user free to focus on throttle and clutch control.
- ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL: Front radar, perfectly integrated into the Multistrada Pikes Peak, controls the operation of the Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), which by means of controlled braking and acceleration automatically adjusts the distance (selectable on four levels) from other vehicles when riding at a speed between 18.5 and 99 mph. This car-derived system has been evolved and developed according to the dynamics and ergonomics of a two-wheeled vehicle. In particular, the authority of the system in terms of deceleration and acceleration has been limited to ensure the rider can maintain constant control of the vehicle in any situation. The ACC can be inserted and adjusted using the dedicated buttons located on the left block. Thanks to the DQS Up & Down, the rider can shift up or down without the ACC deactivating during the acceleration and deceleration phases. ACC system allows for more comfortable riding, especially on long motorway journeys.
- BLIND SPOT DETECTION: Rear radar technology, housed under the headlight, can detect and report vehicles approaching in the so-called blind spot, namely the area not visible either directly by the rider or through the rear-view mirror. The BSD (Blind Spot Detection) system monitors this situation thanks to the LEDs positioned on the rear-view mirrors. The BSD system also signals the approaching from behind of vehicles at high speed. In both cases, if the user activates the direction indicator expressing the intention to change lane, the BSD flashes the LED signalling a potentially dangerous condition. Thanks to the dedicated menu, the user can adjust the brightness of the system on three different levels.
- HANDS FREE IGNITION: The Multistrada V4 Pikes Peak uses a Hands-Free starting system that guarantees the best safety standards. Thanks to this system the rider can easily keep the key in their pocket and start the engine with the dedicated button positioned immediately behind the steering plate.
- HEADLIGHT AND INDICATORS: The Ducati Multistrada V4 Pikes Peak is equipped as standard with full LED lights and a front headlight with DRL and Cornering Lights. The rear light integrates the Ducati Brake Light function, which in the event of sudden braking automatically activates the flashing of the light in order to appropriately signal the condition of sudden slowdown. The direction indicators, also LED, turn off automatically after use thanks to the auto shut-off system.
Vehicle:2023 Ducati Multistrada V4 Pikes Peak
Color:Pikes Peak Livery
Location:Lynnwood Motoplex, Lynnwood, WA 98037
Warranty:Manufacturer's w/ Extended Available
AUDIO & COMMUNICATION
Brake Brand Name: Brembo Stylema®
Front Brake Diameter (in): 13
Front Brake Diameter (mm): 330
Front Brake Type: Dual Hydraulic Disc
Rear Brake Diameter (in): 10.4
Rear Brake Diameter (mm): 265
Rear Brake Type: Hydraulic Disc
Bore (in): 3.27
Bore (mm): 83
Carburetion Type: Fuel Injected
Compression Ratio: 14
Displacement (cc): 1158
Displacement (ci): 71
Engine Brand Name: Granturismo
Engine Stroke: 4-Stroke
Engine Type: V4
Fuel Injector Size (mm): 46
Fuel Injector: Yes
Fuel Requirements: Premium
Fuel Type: Gas
Horsepower (bhp): 170
Horsepower (kW): 125
Horsepower RPM: 10500
Stroke (in): 2.11
Stroke (mm): 53.5
Torque (Ft Lbs): 92
Torque (Nm): 125
Torque RPM: 8750
Valve Configuration: DOHC
Valves Per Cylinder: 4
Chain Guard: Yes
Engine Case Guard: Yes
Exhaust Guard: Yes
Foot Peg Location: Driver and Passenger
Fork Guards: Yes
Hand Guards: Yes
Stand Type: Kick
Top Crown Material: Aluminum
Height Adjustable: Yes
Number Of Seats: 2
Seat Height (in): 33.1
Seat Height (mm): 840
Seat Location: Driver and Passenger
Seat Type: Two-Piece
Steering Control: Handlebar
Front Adjustable Fork Pre-Load: Yes
Front Adjustable Rebound Damping: Yes
Front Suspension Brand Name: Ohlins®
Front Suspension Size (in): 1.9
Front Suspension Size (mm): 48
Front Suspension Type: Inverted Fork
Front Travel (in): 6.7
Front Travel (mm): 170
Number Rear Shock Absorbers: 1
Rear Adjustable Rebound Damping: Yes
Rear Adjustable Shock / Spring Pre-Load: Yes
Rear Suspension Brand Name: Ohlins®
Rear Suspension Material: Aluminum
Rear Suspension Type: Single Sided Swing Arm
Rear Travel (in): 6.7
Rear Travel (mm): 170
WHEELS & TIRES
Front Tire (Full Spec): Pirelli® Diablo Rosso IV 120/70 ZR17
Front Tire Aspect Ratio: 70
Front Tire Speed Rating: Z
Front Tire Width: 120
Front Wheel Diameter: 17
Front Wheel Width (in): 3
Rear Tire (Full Spec): Pirelli® Diablo Rosso IV 190/55 ZR17
Rear Tire Aspect Ratio: 55
Rear Tire Speed Rating: Z
Rear Tire Width: 190
Rear Wheel Diameter: 17
Rear Wheel Width (in): 6
Tire Brand: Pirelli®
Tube / Tubeless: Tubeless
Wheels Composition: Aluminum
Price does not include factory freight, assembly, PDI, and any other applicable surcharges