$1500 FREE KTM ACCESSORIES
The KTM 300 XC-W is one of the most recognized names at the sharp end of hard enduro. With a bulletproof 2-stroke engine churning out masses of low-down torque and top-end fury, it's the ideal companion when tackling difficult terrain. For 2023, it maintains its class-winning ways with WP suspension, a 90s-inspired look, and over 2 decades of race-winning credentials.
BODYWORK & GRAPHICS
- DECALS: Drawing inspiration from the RED BULL KTM FACTORY RACING TEAM, the 2023 KTM 300 XC-W range features an orange-coated frame and boasts a bold 90s inspired color scheme, using the tried and tested in-mold graphics application for greater friction and fade resistance, meaning your steed will look factory-fresh after even the toughest time spent on the trails.
- FRAME: All KTM XC-W and XCF-W models feature high-tech, lightweight Chromoly steel frames with race-derived geometry, optimal stiffness, and unparalleled feedback for the rider. This translates into a playful handling character, with remarkable stability at speed - not to mention FACTORY RACING style thanks to the striking orange coating. The subframe is made of extra-light and ultra-stable aluminum profiles, weighing less than 900 grams providing rear fender stability and durability in the event of a loop out.
- SWINGARM: The KTM 300 XC-W features a one-piece aluminum swingarm, which is manufactured using a gravity die-cast production process. This results in exeptional strength at the lowest possible weight and the perfect flex behavior.
- WHEELS: KTM uses lightweight, CNC-machined hubs and high-end GIANT rims on all XC-W models. These guarantee maximum stability and the bare minimum weight, while aluminum spoke nipples feature an innovative design, which reduces the need to continuously tighten the spokes.
- TIRES: With help from top riders, the KTM XC-W range makes use of a Dunlop MX33 rubber on the front, and a Dunlop AT81 on the rear, which offers superior grip, slide control, bump absorption, and enhanced durability for exceptional all-around performance.
- SUSPENSION: For 2023, all KTM XC-W models feature top-shelf WP suspension systems, focused on providing all riders of all levels with unmatched performance and consistency across all terrain types.
- FRONT SUSPENSION: Leading the way in enduro-focused suspension, these adjustable 48 mm diameter WP XPLOR upside-down forks provide unmatched performance from both expert and amateur riders alike. Adjustability also comes easily, with compression damping dialed in on the left fork and rebound on the right.
- REAR SUSPENSION: The race-proven and fully adjustable WP XPLOR shock absorber features conical bushings between the pistons that allow for reduced suspension fade and wear. And, not only is this PDS rear suspension design the of choice of champions in the quest for podiums, but it also leads the way when it comes to providing maximum traction for the rear wheel.
- TRIPLE CLAMP: The KTM 300 XC-W is fitted with forged triple clamps with an offset of 22mm, ensuring a solid grip of the fork and precise handling. The handlebar can be adjustabed forwards and backwards over 4 positions, ensuring you find your perfect postion when tackling the gnarliest of terrain.
- BRAKES: When it comes to bringing this machine to a stop, you'll be happy to have high-tech Brembo brake calipers and lightweight wave discs doing the work. These also take years of competitive racing into account, providing the perfect combination of ideal pad density and steel quality for longevity and consistent feel.
- FUEL TANK: All KTM enduro models are fitted with lightweight polyethylene tanks, with a ¼‐turn bayonet-style filler cap makes for quick and easy operation. The integrated fuel pump ensures a direct feed to the injectors, while a 90° connector provides protection against damage. The tank is also manufactured using see‐through plastic, so riders are able to gauge fuel levels at a glance and on the go.
- AIRBOX: The easy-access airbox on the KTM 300 XC-W ensures optimal flow dynamics, thanks to specially designed intake snorkels. This means air is force-fed into the motor, resulting in the perfect balance of power and throttle response. Keeping the air clean, is a large Twin-Air air filter fitted to a rigid cage for ideal placement at all times.
ENGINE & EXHAUST
- ENGINE: A legend in its own right, the KTM 300 cc 2-stroke engine has long been a favorite when it comes to enduro weaponry. This is largely down to its exceptional power, low-down torque and overall light weight. Thanks to state-of-the-art engineering, innovative 2-stroke design, and revolutionary TPI fuel injection technology, this powerplant has become a truly refined unit.
- CYLINDER: The cylinder on the KTM 300 XC-W has a bore of 72 mm and is fitted with a sophisticated power valve, providing ultra-smooth and controllable power characteristics. Being fuel-injected, the cylinder features two lateral domes which hold the fuel injectors, supplying fuel to the rear transfer ports. The downstream injection guarantees excellent atomization of the fuel with the upstreaming air. Thus, the loss of unburnt fuel is minimal for fewer emissions, more efficient combustion, and reduced fuel consumption. The cylinder also features a state-of-the-art power valve unit with a sophisticated mechanism for the lateral support exhaust ports. The exhaust port layout increases engine performance, while the upper contour of the exhaust port has been machined to ensure more accurate port timing.
- CRANKCASES AND ENGINE COVERS: These compact engine cases are manufactured using a high-pressure die-cast production process which helps with weight reduction but maintains strength and durability. This design also allows for optimal shaft arrangements close to the center of gravity, resulting in ideal mass centralization and ride-ability.
- TRANSMISSION: The KTM 300 XC-W makes use of a robust 6-speed transmission made by PANKL RACING SYSTEMS. The gears are made of a strong, forged raw material, ensuring the highest durability and reliability level. Another highlight of the KTM 300 XC-W transmission is the no-dirt gear shifter. Similar to the footpeg design, it prevents the build-up of dirt and ensures the next gear is always available, no matter the conditions.
- ENGINE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM: The engine management system (EMS) of all 2-stroke XC-W models features a control unit located below the seat. The ECU defines the ignition timing while the amount of fuel to inject is based on several sensor readings such as intake air pressure, throttle position, water temperature , and ambient air pressure. Thanks to altitude and temperature compensation, re-jetting is a thing of the past, meaning more time twisting throttles and less time turning screws. Should the rider decide to mount a radiator fan from the KTM PowerParts, it will be controlled directly by the EMS without needing to add an additional thermal switch.
- BALANCER SHAFT: The KTM 300 XC-W engine design allows for the implementation of a lateral balancer shaft in order to keep engine vibrations to a minimum. This means riders can focus on the obstacles ahead of them, with out distraction. After all, more comfort equals less fatigue.
- CLUTCH: The KTM 300 XC-W employs the KTM-developed DDS clutch (damped diaphragm steel) with a wear-free steel basket, extremely heat resistant clutch plates and nitrated steel liners. This clever design employs a diaphragm spring instead of the usual coil springs, making for considerably easier clutch action. A diaphragm spring also leaves sufficient space for a damping system to be integrated into the clutch hub. The goal is traction, but without compromising durability. Light operation and a 'telepathic' level of control come standard with this hydraulic Brembo actuated clutch. Additionally, this model comes with clutch slave cylinder protection.
- OIL PUMP: Pre-mixing 2-Stroke fuel is a thing of the past for KTM XC-W owners. The 2-Stroke enduro range is fitted with a frame-mounted oil tank featuring flexible mountings, which greatly improves durability and reliability. In addition, a mesh filter prevents dirt from getting into the oil pump and into the fuel. This works in conjunction with the oil pump, which delivers the lubricant directly to the throttle body, where it is mixed with the incoming air to lubricate the piston and crankshaft. Using engine speed and throttle position sensor data, the engine management's precise electronic control of the oil pump ensures that the ideal amount of oil for any given conditions is used. With an average fuel-to-oil ratio of 1:80, an oil capacity of about 0.7 liters is sufficient for roughly five tanks of fuel.
- THROTTLE BODY: The KTM 300 XC-W engine is fitted with a 39 mm throttle body made by Dell`Orto. These regulate the airflow via a butterfly connected with a twin-cable throttle cam, which is operated by the handlebar throttle assembly, supported by a throttle position sensor that provides airflow data to the control unit. What all this means is, riders can precisely set the idle speed via the bypass screw, as well as easier cold starts.
- TPI ALTERNATOR: In order to accommodate the power requirements of the engine management system, all KTM XC-W models are fitted with a powerful 196 W alternator and voltage regulator to ensure all systems are always powered up.
- COOLING: Keeping the engine cool when the going gets tough comes courtesy of a pair of radiators, mounted close to the center of gravity. These make use of CFD technology (Computational Fluid Dynamics) and clever coolant circuit routing, achieving optimum engine temperature for the highest performance, in all conditions. Above all, the delta distributor, integrated into the frame triangle, features a large center tube for highly efficient coolant flow. The radiators also benefit from plastic protection fins that serve as protection from flying rocks and debris, as well as a brace that disperses energy around the radiators in the event of an impact.
- EXHAUST: There's more to it than 'braaaap!'. The exhaust plays a key role in packing that signature 2-stroke punch. All KTM 300 XC-W models feature heavy-duty exhaust headers made using an innovative 3D stamping process that produces a ribbed surface finish. This makes the pipe much stronger, with better impact resistance, while also helping to reduce noise. The silencer features a compact shape and end cap with internal designs individually developed for each model and mounted using an aluminum bracket for strength. In addition, the exhaust's overall shape provides a slim profile resulting in improved ground clearance, while a perforated inner silencer tube uses lightweight damping material for efficient and durable noise reduction.
ERGONOMICS & COMFORT
- HANDLEBAR: All KTM XC-W models are equipped with adjustable, high-strength aluminum tapered handlebars made by NEKEN. These can be mounted in four different positions. Standard with ODI vulcanized grip on the right side and a comfortable ODI lock-on grip on the left, your only worry is hanging on, and letting rip.
- FOOTPEGS: Self-cleaning footpegs prevent mud from clogging up the pegs, even when dragging them through deep ruts. This means your boots maintain their grip, and you maintain your focus on the trail.
- SEAT: Go ahead, take a seat. The 2023 KTM 300 XC-W's seat is covered in grippy black vinyl, and is perfectly shaped to allow riders complete freedom of movement, but comfortable enough to maintain longer sessions in the saddle.
SOFTWARE & ELECTRONICS
- BATTERY & WIRING HARNESS: The KTM 300 XC-W is fitted with a time-proven electrical system, powered by a super lightweight 2 Ah lithium-ion starter battery. The wiring harness also has most of the electrical components carefully positioned into a common area below the seat, making them easily accessible.
*Price plus dest, tax, lic, dlr*
Vehicle:2023 KTM 300 XC-W
Color:Orange / White / Blue
Location:Lynnwood Motoplex, Lynnwood, WA 98037
Warranty:Manufacturer's w/ Extended Available
Brake Brand Name: Brembo®
Front Brake Diameter (in): 10.2
Front Brake Diameter (mm): 260
Front Brake Type: Hydraulic Disc
Rear Brake Diameter (in): 8.7
Rear Brake Diameter (mm): 220
Rear Brake Type: Hydraulic Disc
Bore (in): 2.83
Bore (mm): 72
Carburetion Brand: Dell'Orto
Carburetion Type: Fuel Injected
Compression Ratio: 13.2
Displacement (cc): 293.2
Displacement (ci): 17.9
Engine Stroke: 2-Stroke
Engine Type: Single-Cylinder
Fuel Injector Size (mm): 39
Fuel Injector: Yes
Fuel Requirements: Premium
Fuel Type: Gas / Oil Injected
Stroke (in): 2.83
Stroke (mm): 72
Valve Configuration: Reed Valve
Body Material: Plastic
Exhaust Guard: Yes
Foot Peg Location: Driver
Fork Guards: Yes
Frame: Chromium Molybdenum
Hand Guards: Yes
Radiator Cover: Yes
Stand Type: Kick
Fuel Level Warning Type: Light
Number Of Seats: 1
Seat Height (in): 37.8
Seat Height (mm): 960
Seat Location: Driver
Seat Material: Vinyl
Seat Type: One-Piece
Steering Control: Handlebar
Front Adjustable Rebound Damping: Yes
Front Suspension Brand Name: WP XPLOR
Front Suspension Size (in): 1.9
Front Suspension Size (mm): 48
Front Suspension Type: Inverted Fork
Front Travel (in): 11.8
Front Travel (mm): 300
Number Rear Shock Absorbers: 1
Rear Adjustable Rebound Damping: Yes
Rear Adjustable Shock / Spring Pre-Load: Yes
Rear Suspension Brand Name: WP XPLOR
Rear Suspension Material: Aluminum
Rear Suspension Type: Twin Sided Swing Arm
Rear Travel (in): 12.2
Rear Travel (mm): 310
Dry Weight (kg): 103.4
Dry Weight (lbs): 228
Engine Displacement to Weight (cc): 1.29
Fuel Capacity (gal): 2.4
Fuel Capacity (l): 9
Fuel Capacity Reserve (gal): 0.4
Fuel Capacity Reserve (l): 1.5
Ground Clearance (in): 14.6
Ground Clearance (mm): 370
Wheelbase (in): 58.4
Wheelbase (mm): 1482
WHEELS & TIRES
Front Tire (Full Spec): Dunlop® GEOMAX AT81 90/90 R21 54M
Front Tire Aspect Ratio: 90
Front Tire Speed Rating: M
Front Tire Width: 90
Front Wheel Diameter: 21
Front Wheel Width (in): 1.6
Rear Tire (Full Spec): Dunlop® GEOMAX AT81 110/100 R18 64M
Rear Tire Aspect Ratio: 100
Rear Tire Speed Rating: M
Rear Tire Width: 110
Rear Wheel Diameter: 18
Rear Wheel Width (in): 2.15
Tire Brand: Dunlop®
Tube / Tubeless: Tubed
Wheels Composition: Aluminum
Price does not include factory freight, assembly, PDI, and any other applicable surcharges