Born from the Supercross-dominating YZ250F, then tuned for enduro riding to offer the fastest way through tight singletrack.
- ENDURO-READY DETAILING: The WR250F includes a range of enduro-specific upgrades compared to the YZ250F motocrosser, including a wide, full-coverage composite engine guard, 18-inch rear wheel, large 2.15-gallon fuel tank, radiator fan, sealed O-ring chain, fuel level and engine warning lights, steel rear sprocket, and a high-mounted folding aluminum kickstand.
- COMPACT HEADLIGHT UNIT: The WR250F’s updated headlight fairing and compact taillight unit centralize mass and improve the racy, agile styling of the machine.
- EMBEDDED GRAPHICS: Yamaha’s unique embedded graphics are built into the bodywork for extended durability, resisting both peeling and damage.
CHASSIS / SUSPENSION
- YZ250F-DERIVED BILATERAL BEAM FRAME: Yamaha’s refined aluminum frame provides high performance on technical, aggressive terrain sections and comfort for those long days in the saddle, with frame spars and engine mounts developed alongside the YZ250FX cross country racer to centralize mass for the best possible balance of bump absorption, stiffness and rider feel.
- COMPACT BODY AND SEAT DESIGN: The WR250F features stylish bodywork from tip to tail, including a large 2.15 gallon, mass-centralized fuel tank. The body design is narrow for more comfortable knee grip and control, while the seat gives the rider additional room to move. Even the rear fender is designed for added rigidity to make moving the machine easier.
- CLASS-LEADING SUSPENSION: The WR250F’s industry-leading, fully adjustable KYB® coil spring-type fork with speed sensitive damping provides exceptional balance between handling and bump absorption, with mid-speed valving tuned for improved feel at slower fork speeds.
- CROSS COUNTRY WHEELS AND TIRES: The WR250F features an 18-inch rear wheel to help prevent pinch flats and provide additional comfort across rough, broken terrain.
- REARWARD-SLANTED CYLINDER DESIGN: The WR250F’s distinct rearward-slanted cylinder design—complete with rear exhaust and forward-mounted intake system—features a cylinder head that works with the frame geometry for optimized weight distribution. Inside, the engine features all of the updates found in the race-focused YZ250F: a straight intake tract, aggressive cam profiles, high-compression “box bridge” piston design with DLC-coated piston pin and more.
- ENDURO ENGINE TUNING: WR250F-specific ignition and fuel injection maps are optimized for enduro riding and racing, for exceptionally smooth and controllable midrange power with longer-lasting pulling power in the top-end.
- UNIQUE INTAKE AND EXHAUST SYSTEMS: The WR250F features a two-piece air filter that works in conjunction with the tuned intake tract length and a WR-specific muffler to boost the linear feeling of traction and drive. Not only is the WR250F muffler completely mechanical—eliminating the need to repack—it integrates a U.S. Forestry Service-compliant spark arrestor too.
- HIGH-CAPACITY RADIATOR: The WR250F uses a large radiator with excellent cooling capacity shared with the YZ250F motocrosser, complete with a cooling fan for consistent performance during the toughest enduro rides.
- ELECTRIC STARTER SYSTEM: The WR250F features a lead acid battery powered compact electric starter system to simplify restarts on the trail and add convenience everywhere else.
- ADVANCED FUEL INJECTION: The engine breathes through a 44mm Mikuni® throttle body fed by a high-pressure electric pump to ensure optimum fuel atomization and power for a wide range of riding elevations and conditions.
- CLASS-LEADING SUSPENSION: The Yamaha WR250F uses KYB® spring-type forks with industry-leading functionality and easy tuneability for a wide range of conditions.
- EPA-COMPLIANT EMISSIONS: Thanks to carefully balanced ECU tuning and a Forestry Service-compliant spark arrestor-type muffler, the WR250F is ready to go where you want, when you want.
*Price plus dest, tax, lic, dlr*
Vehicle:2023 Yamaha WR250F
Location:Lynnwood Motoplex, Lynnwood, WA 98037
Warranty:Manufacturer's w/ Extended Available
Front Brake Diameter (in): 10.6
Front Brake Diameter (mm): 270
Front Brake Type: Hydraulic Disc
Rear Brake Diameter (in): 9.7
Rear Brake Diameter (mm): 245
Rear Brake Type: Hydraulic Disc
Bore (in): 3.03
Bore (mm): 77
Carburetion Brand: Mikuni
Carburetion Type: Fuel Injected
Compression Ratio: 13.8
Displacement (cc): 250
Displacement (ci): 15.3
Engine Stroke: 4-Stroke
Engine Type: Single-Cylinder
Fuel Injector Size (mm): 44
Fuel Injector: Yes
Fuel Requirements: Regular
Fuel Type: Gas
Stroke (in): 2.11
Stroke (mm): 53.6
Valve Configuration: DOHC
Valves Per Cylinder: 4
Body Material: Plastic
Chain Guard: Yes
Chassis Protectors: Yes
Engine Case Guard: Yes
Foot Peg Location: Driver
Fork Guards: Yes
Stand Type: Kick
Fuel Level Warning Type: Light
Number Of Seats: 1
Seat Height (in): 37.6
Seat Height (mm): 955
Seat Location: Driver
Seat Material: Vinyl
Seat Type: One-Piece
Steering Control: Handlebar
Front Adjustable Fork Pre-Load: Yes
Front Adjustable Rebound Damping: Yes
Front Suspension Brand Name: KYB
Front Suspension Type: Inverted Fork
Front Travel (in): 12.2
Front Travel (mm): 309.9
Number Rear Shock Absorbers: 1
Rear Adjustable Rebound Damping: Yes
Rear Adjustable Shock / Spring Pre-Load: Yes
Rear Suspension Brand Name: KYB
Rear Suspension Material: Aluminum
Rear Suspension Type: Twin Sided Swing Arm
Rear Travel (in): 12.5
Rear Travel (mm): 317.5
WHEELS & TIRES
Front Tire (Full Spec): Dunlop® 80/100 R21 MX3S
Front Tire Aspect Ratio: 100
Front Tire Width: 80
Front Wheel Diameter: 21
Rear Tire (Full Spec): Dunlop® 110/100 R18 MX3S
Rear Tire Aspect Ratio: 100
Rear Tire Width: 110
Rear Wheel Diameter: 18
Tire Brand: Dunlop®
Tube / Tubeless: Tubed
Price does not include factory freight, assembly, PDI, and any other applicable surcharges