FIRST-TIME RIDER, LIFELONG MEMORIES
Boasting electric start, automatic transmission and parental controls, this model is perfect for riders age 6 and up.
- MODERN, RELIABLE ELECTRONICS: The CDI system means reliable ignition performance with a strong, efficient spark. The sealed, maintenance-free battery provides worry-free operation.
- YAMAHA SPORT ATV DNA: The YFZ50 offers the same sporty looks as the rest of the YFZ family for an exciting sport ATV style.
CHASSIS / SUSPENSION
- SPORTY CHASSIS: Single I-arm front suspension is tuned for light, easy steering and comfortable ride quality. The rear swingarm also features a compact single shock rear suspension for good control and comfort.
- COMFORTABLE ACCOMMODATIONS: The YFZ50 is designed to be comfortable and accessible for new ATV riders. With its roomy ergonomics, plush seat and wide floorboards, riders 6 and up won’t quickly outgrow the machine before they’re ready for more displacement.
- OPTIMIZED TIRES: Duro® low-profile tires—AT16 x 6.5-7 front and AT16 x 7-7 rear—give YFZ50 aggressive looks and sporty handling.
- SECURE STOPPING POWER: For reliable stopping power, three sealed drum brakes bring the YFZ50 to a secure stop. There’s a handlebar-mounted parking brake too.
- ENGINE LIMITER AND TETHER SWITCH: To help young beginners grow into accomplished ATV riders, the YFZ50 includes a two-stage rpm limiter, as well as a throttle limiter to match engine performance to the rider’s advancing skill level. A tethered switch also allows parents to closely monitor new riders and cut power to the engine if necessary, so young enthusiasts can safely learn the basics of ATV control.
- ROBUST 49CC ENGINE: The 49cc four-stroke SOHC engine is tuned to develop excellent low- to mid-range performance, just where it’s needed. The motor is air-cooled for simplicity, performance and long engine life, and uses ultra-reliable wet-sump lubrication.
- ELECTRIC STARTER: Push-button electric starting comes standard and is powered by a reliable sealed battery. For additional peace of mind, a kick starter is also provided.
- AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION: Fully automatic, continuously variable transmission (CVT) means no shifting. Handy for all riders, it’s a feature new riders will particularly appreciate.
- SPORTY DRIVETRAIN: Engine power is transferred to the rear wheels via a robust chain drive, running along a swingarm that’s set at an optimized angle for rear shock performance.
- LOW MAINTENANCE DESIGN: Servicing is easy, thanks to features like the toolless quick-access air filter element. The exhaust includes a standard spark arrestor as well.
- BEGINNER-FRIENDLY FOUR-STROKE PERFORMANCE: The YFZ50 is engineered as the ideal starting point for aspiring ATV riders ages 6 and up. With a low-maintenance 49cc engine tuned to develop responsive, controllable performance and engine limiters with a power cut-off tether switch for safety, it's easy for young riders to feel comfortable as they grow their skills.
- REDUCED MAINTENANCE DESIGN: Servicing is simple thanks to features like the toolless quick-access air filter element.
- SCALED DOWN, NOT SCALED BACK: Single I-arm front suspension is tuned for light, easy steering and comfortable ride quality. The rear swingarm also features a compact single shock for good control and comfort. It also boasts convenient features like a fully automatic CVT transmission and electric start with a back-up kickstart.
- COMFORTABLE CHASSIS: A robust steel frame design incorporates a large 1.5-gallon fuel tank, plush seat and roomy integrated floorboards.
- YAMAHA SPORT ATV DNA: Styling is unmistakably inspired by the race-ready Yamaha YFZ450R. Durable Duro® tires and lightweight wheels further enhance the sporty look and handling character.
*Price plus dest, tax, lic, dlr*