TWO-STROKE HEART, ENDURO SOUL
Featuring a powerful 250cc two-stroke engine and renowned high performance chassis, the YZ250X was born to win Cross Country races.
- CROSS COUNTRY ERGONOMICS: A racy "gripper"-type seat and narrow fuel tank combined with a tapered aluminum handlebar and adjustable mounts create greater freedom of movement and more comfortable ergonomics for riders.
- CROSS COUNTRY FEATURES: The YZ250X is focused on cross country competition with an 18-inch rear wheel, wide-ratio gearing, standard side stand, sealed O-ring chain, reserve fuel petcock, and newly adopted scraper between the fork's dust and oil seal, all adding up to exceptional cross country performance.
Chassis / Suspension
- YZ250-BASED FRAME: Ultra-lightweight YZ250-spec frame features carefully engineered combination of aluminum castings, forgings and extrusions for the perfect balance of rigidity and flex. Removable aluminum rear subframe is constructed of square-section tubing for reduced weight.
- INDUSTRY-LEADING KYB® FORK: The fully adjustable KYB® 48mm forks feature the Speed-Sensitive System which uses piston speed to control the damping force for super-precise handling, superb bump absorption and 11.8 inches of suspension travel. Additionally, a newly adopted scraper between the dust and oil seal improves reliability in cross country conditions.
- ADVANCED KYB® SHOCK: Fully adjustable KYB® shock features reduced-friction Kashima Coat™ internals, 12.4 inches of travel, separate adjusters for high- and low-speed compression damping, and a full lock oil rebound system for increased comfort. It all adds up to fantastic rear wheel control and a sweet ride.
- PREMIUM EXCEL® WHEELS & DUNLOP® TIRES: Slick blue Excel® rims provide exceptional durability and a premium look. They come wrapped in high performance Dunlop® Geomax MX33 tires for improved cornering traction, stability and feel.
- EXHILARATING TWO-STROKE POWER: The 249cc liquid-cooled reed-valve-inducted two-stroke engine is lightweight, compact and fun, with an incredibly wide, hard-hitting powerband.
- TUNED FOR GNCC® COMPETITION: The YZ250X utilizes a revised compression ratio, revised YPVS™ timing and a model-specific digital CDI unit compared to its motocross sibling—all focused on creating a broad, usable power delivery specifically suited to cross country and enduro-style competition.
- AIR INTAKE DESIGN: Updated intake design allows for a straighter, more efficient draw of air into the intake tract.
- NARROW EXHAUST PIPE: Unique compact exhaust expansion chamber is designed especially for the YZ250X to improve both horizontal and vertical clearance on tight, technical trails while still providing excellent exhaust efficiency.
- WIDE-RATIO FIVE-SPEED TRANSMISSION: Smooth-shifting wide-ratio transmission ensures proper gearing from tight woods to wide-open fire roads.
- HIGH-CAPACITY RADIATOR: Large-capacity radiator with dark louvers deliver an aggressive look and maximum cooling efficiency for demanding racing conditions.
New For 2023
- CLUTCH PLATES: To improve clutch durability without compromising smooth operation, six inner pressure plates adopt a new friction material with excellent heat resistance characteristics ideal for extended cross-country competition.To increase rider confidence in challenging cross country conditions, new smoothly integrated body panels, more narrow fuel tank design, slimmer shroud width and flatter seat all combine to enable greater freedom of movement forward and back, allowing the rider to easily shift body weight for better control.
- REVISED SUSPENSION DAMPING: Further improving the YZ250X's already renowned suspension performance, new front fork internals and revised suspension settings further improve bump absorption, cornering performance and comfort to better withstand the grueling demands of cross country and enduro-style racing.
- TWO-STROKE POWER: TUNED FOR ENDURO RACING: The YZ250X is optimized for the unique demands of Hare Scrambles and GNCC® racing. The Yamaha Power Valve System (YPVS™)-equipped 249cc two-stroke engine is mated to a wide-ratio five-speed transmission for the ultimate cross country power plant.
- ADVANCED MOTOCROSS-DERIVED CHASSIS: Ultra-lightweight YZ250-spec frame features carefully engineered combination of aluminum castings, forgings and extrusions for the perfect balance of rigidity and flex. The industry-leading fully adjustable Speed Sensitive System KYB® spring-type front fork is matched with a fully adjustable high performance KYB® long-travel rear shock, both tested and tuned specifically for the needs of cross country racers.
- GNCC®-SPECIFIC FEATURES: Cross country focused suspension setup, optimized YPVS™ settings, new lightweight Excel® wheels paired with Dunlop® Geomax MX33 tires, sealed O-ring chain, standard side stand and fuel tank petcock with reserve position all combine to make the perfect GNCC® racer.
- BRAKE SYSTEM: An updated high performance braking system features larger front pistons, a more rigid caliper and a redesigned 270mm front rotor with a 30% increase in pad contact area, all combining to provide exceptional braking power and feel. The redesigned rear rotor maintains the same braking power while dropping outer diameter from 245mm to 240mm, reducing unsprung weight with no compromise on performance.
- IMPROVED RIDER ERGONOMICS: To increase rider confidence in challenging cross country conditions, new smoothly integrated body panels, more narrow fuel tank design, slimmer shroud width and flatter seat all combine to enable greater freedom of movement forward and back, allowing the rider to easily shift body weight for better control.
- BOLD YZ STYLING: Along with the slimmer, more aggressive bodywork, a new front and rear fender design and new radiator shrouds all integrate with a bold new graphics scheme to highlight the YZ family pedigree. Premium Yamaha graphics are now embedded to provide excellent durability and scratch resistance.
*Price plus dest, tax, lic, dlr*
Vehicle:2023 Yamaha YZ250X
Location:Lynnwood Motoplex, Lynnwood, WA 98037
Warranty:Manufacturer's w/ Extended Available
Front Brake Diameter (in): 10.6
Front Brake Diameter (mm): 270
Front Brake Type: Hydraulic Disc
Rear Brake Diameter (in): 9.4
Rear Brake Diameter (mm): 240
Rear Brake Type: Hydraulic Disc
Body Material: Plastic
Chain Guard: Yes
Chassis Protectors: Yes
Foot Peg Location: Driver
Fork Guards: Yes
Stand Type: Kick
Number Of Seats: 1
Seat Height (in): 38.4
Seat Height (mm): 975.4
Seat Location: Driver
Seat Material: Vinyl
Seat Type: One-Piece
Steering Control: Handlebar
Front Adjustable Fork Pre-Load: Yes
Front Adjustable Rebound Damping: Yes
Front Suspension Brand Name: KYB
Front Suspension Size (in): 1.9
Front Suspension Size (mm): 48
Front Suspension Type: Inverted Fork
Front Travel (in): 11.8
Front Travel (mm): 299.7
Number Rear Shock Absorbers: 1
Rear Adjustable Rebound Damping: Yes
Rear Adjustable Shock / Spring Pre-Load: Yes
Rear Suspension Brand Name: KYB
Rear Suspension Material: Aluminum
Rear Suspension Type: Twin Sided Swing Arm
Rear Travel (in): 12.4
Rear Travel (mm): 315
WHEELS & TIRES
Front Tire (Full Spec): Dunlop® Geomax MX33F 80/100 R21
Front Tire Aspect Ratio: 90
Front Tire Speed Rating: 81F
Front Tire Width: 90
Front Wheel Diameter: 21
Front Wheel Width (in): 1.6
Rear Tire (Full Spec): Dunlop® Geomax MX33 110/100 R18
Rear Tire Aspect Ratio: 100
Rear Tire Speed Rating: 81
Rear Tire Width: 110
Rear Wheel Diameter: 18
Rear Wheel Width (in): 2.15
Tire Brand: Dunlop®
Tube / Tubeless: Tubed
Wheels Composition: Aluminum
Price does not include factory freight, assembly, PDI, and any other applicable surcharges