RACE TO NEW HEIGHTS
The 2024 KTM 250 XC-W presents enduro riders with the ultimate combination of power and rideability, setting the benchmark in the highly contested E1 class. Thanks to its groundbreaking new frame, suspension, and TBI technology, this extreme machine continues to reach new heights. How far you push, thought, it is up to you.
- TORQUE ABOUT IT - ENGINE: The 250cc 2-stroke engine has long been the best combination of unsurpassed power and lightweight construction. This lightweight 24.8 kg engine is designed to provide more torque than any previous 250cc 2-stroke engine without losing its typical 250 cc 2-stroke character. Pumping out an impressive 40,8 Nm, with a screaming 47 hp, the new 250 XC-W engine sets the benchmark in the competitive Enduro E1 class.
- FUELING SPEED - THROTTLE BODY INJECTION: Forget TPI, the 2024 KTM 2-stroke Enduro models feature all-new electronically-controlled Throttle Body Injection - or TBI. The ECU, together with a new Keihin 39mm throttle body,calculates the ideal air-fuel mixture by constantly analyzing water temperature, air temperature, ambient pressure, and pressure within the crankcase, the rpm, and the throttle position to ensure the smoothest and most consistent power delivery in the most gnarly of enduro conditions.
- POWER ON TAP - POWERVALVE: For 2024, the reed valve case has received an important design update along with electronic exhaust control. New plastic flaps on the outer reed valve case provide improved sealing of the whole intake tract, preventing excess fueling in extreme up or downhill sections which could lead to rich engine settings.
- SMARTER ELECTRONIC - OFFROAD CONTROL UNIT: An all-new Offroad Control Unit - or OCU - under the seat replaces all the electronic fuses and relays. All outputs are switched depending on signals from the voltage regulator and the ECU continuously. In the event of over-current, outputs are deactivated individually. This makes for easy error detection as the status of each output is indicated by a red or green LED light. This means diagnosing an electrical issue out on the trail is as easy as lifting the seat, and there's no more need to carry fiddly fuses.
- LITHIUM POWERED - BATTERY & WIRING HARNESS: As with the rest of the 2024 2-stroke XC-W range, the KTM 250 XC-W is fitted with a proven, reliable electric start system. Powered by an ultra lightweight 2 Ah lithium-ion starter battery, it provides a safe, reliable starting time and time again, while the wiring harness has most of the electrical components carefully positioned under the seat for easy accessibility.
- FLUID RIDER MOTION - ERGONOMICS: The 2024 KTM XC-W range features a rider-focussed body-position triangle, providing improved knee contact - especially when standing on the pegs - with improved gripping surfaces all around. With the plastics working to expel mud buildup in wet, muddy conditions, a flat seat profile with a high grip seat cover providing exceptional rider movement and control, and a polyamide-reinforced aluminum subframe providing unmatched rider feel and feedback, your only concern is navigating the terrain ahead of you.
- UNMATCHED PERFORMANCE - EXHAUST: Bringing the Braaap! Thanks to the KTM 250 XC-W new, more compact engine design, the header pipe is designed with the target of achieving more ground clearance and reducing the risk of damage when riding over deep roots, ruts, or climbing steep rocks. The silencer is crafted from lightweight aluminum and is stylishly finished off in a black coating that highlights its premium quality.
- EXHAUST: There's more to it than 'braaaap!'. The exhaust plays a key role in packing that signature 2-stroke punch. The KTM 250 XC-W models feature heavy-duty exhaust headers made using an innovative 3D stamping process that produces a ribbed surface finish. This makes the pipe much stronger, with better impact resistance, while also helping to reduce noise.
KEEPING YOU GOING
- HOLD THE LINE - STABILITY: The 2024 KTM XC-W range remains rock-solid at any speed thanks to a repositioned and forged steering head connection and CNC-milled triple clamps. Made from high-grade aluminum, these feature optimally tuned steering stem stiffness, perfect alignment of the fork tubes, and precise geometry of the fork clamps to ensure highly responsive and smooth fork action - not to mention unwavering stability for those ultra-fast flat-out special stages. Newly designed, topology-optimized rubber-mounted bar mounts provide an increased grip surface for less handlebar twist They come with a fixed mounting, providing the perfect amount of flex for the forged triple clamp setup.
- FIGHTING FATIQUE - ENERGY ABSORBTION: Besides the expertly crafted, hydro-formed, laser-cut, and robot-welded frame being engineered to provide exceptional rider feedback and straight-line stability, a number of components mean the frame acts as a "shock absorber" making for a less harsh ride, resulting in less rider fatigue over many hard laps. A new shock mounting, no longer connected to the main tube, significantly improves the anti-squat of the chassis. In contrast, a new, service-friendly one-piece steering head seal provides improved reliability. The closed-head tube design also provides a new routing for the fuel overflow. And lastly, a new forged one-piece side stand means no more sinking feelings when parking up.
- SEE INTO THE FUTURE - LED HEADLIGHT: Lighting the way forward, the 2024 KTM XC-W range features a completely new LED headlight unit and light mask. The mask itself features improved triple clamp protection against roost and does away with the rubber mounting straps for improved fitment. Most importantly, the LED lighting unit provides 300% more illumination, making riding in the dark a completely new experience.
ON THE CHARGE
- BUILT TO BE THE BACKBONE - FRAME: Specifically engineered for longitudinal rigidity, the 2024 2-stroke KTM XC-W range is engineered around an all-new black powder-coated frame providing exceptional rider feedback, energy absorption, and high-speed stability. This has been achieved by repositioning the rotating masses in the frame and the inclusion of a forged steering head connection. New parallel frame mounts also improve flex characteristics, while the footrest mounts have also moved inwards, slimming things down. And when the ride comes to an end, a completely redesigned forged one-piece side stand ensured things your enduro weapon stands proud.
- MORE THAN A SUBFRAME - SUBFRAME: A new ultra-light lightweight subframe takes charge at the rear of the main frame, featuring a 2-part polyamide and reinforced aluminum construction. With the help of computational dynamics, a specific rigidity was engineered into the subframe, to deliver outstanding handling and rider feedback. The new subframe is also shorter, more compact, and more robust than the previous generation, with the ability to bend and flex in the event of a crash, rather than break. The subframe fully integrates the electronic components, without any extra need for brackets, holders, or unnecessary fixtures.
- UNFLAPPABLE FRONT END - WP XACT CLOSED-CARTIDGE FORK: An all-new 48 mm WP XACT Closed Cartridge spring fork finds its way into the KTM Enduro line-up for 2024. Providing fast and consistent damping, optimized oil flow, and a new hydro stop in the last 68 mm of the stroke, the forks ensure unmatched performance at any level. New fork protection rings also provide improved protection against dirt intrusion. Best of all, the new fork allows for full adjustment of compression and rebound without the need for any tools.
- GET THE POWER DOWN - WP XACT SHOCK: Remaining a hallmark of KTM Enduro weaponry, an updated PDS rear shock concept sees a new shock mount that significantly improves the anti-squat behaviors of the chassis. This remains the most reliable and maintenance-friendly option for competitive enduro racing. Moreover, an all-new WP XPLOR PDS rear shock now takes charge at the rear, weighing 380 g less than the previous generation unit. It features a new compact design, new bearings seals, and a new main piston for optimized oil flow, and improved, consistent damping, as well as providing full adjustability thanks to easy-to-use hand clickers for adjustments on the fly.
- WHERE RUBBER MEETS DIRT - WHEELS AND TIRES: The KTM 250 XC-W rolls on a set of high-strength GIANT alloy wheels coupled to CNC-machined hubs and aluminum nipples. These are wrapped in a Dunlop MX33 up front and a Dunlop AT 81 on the rear, providing exceptional traction in all conditions.
PREPERATION MAKES PERFECT
- SETTING THE SAG - ADJUSTABILITY: Getting READY TO RACE has never been easier. Thanks in part to its all-new suspension, the 2024 KTM XC-W range boasts totally tool-free suspension setup at both ends. At the rear, the all-new shock absorber design features hand-adjustable dual compression control, allowing riders to adjust high- and low-speed settings in a matter of seconds. On the front, the forks are also easily adjusted thanks to hand-adjustable clickers on the bottom of the fork shoe and on the fork top cap, allowing riders to change settings on the fly without the need for any tools.
- DEEP BREATH - AIR FILTER: Maximum airflow with minimal water intrusion, a new air filter box is designed with precisely positioned inlet ducts aimed at preventing air deformation and maintaining filter protection. An enduro-specific splash protector under the airbox prevents water or dirt from splashing up from the rear wheel, while the Twin Air filter and air filter support design feature a simple fail-proof mounting system for safe and accurate filter installation, ensuring the air filter is easily accessed, without tools, for fast track-side maintenance.
- FULLY FUELED - FUEL TANK: The transparent, polythene (XPE) fuel tank is a signature element of the KTM Enduro lineup. Not only does this let you keep an eye on your fuel level with a quick glance, but years of development mean it's the strongest, most reliable fuel tank yet. For 2024, a one-piece fuel pump and filter improve the fuel supply allowing the tank to be emptied further at a low fuel level. And with 9 liters of fuel at your disposal, you can hit the trail or track with utmost confidence.
- SWITCH IT UP - SWITCHGEAR: For 2024, the entire KTM Enduro range receives new, easy-to-use switchgear. On the right side of the handlebar, you'll find a new start/stop switch, and on the left, an new and optional Map Select switch will allow riders to choose between Map 1 or Map 2.
Vehicle:2024 KTM 250 XC-W
Color:Orange / White / Blue
Location:Lynnwood Motoplex, Lynnwood, WA 98037
Warranty:Manufacturer's w/ Extended Available
Brake Brand Name: Brembo®
Front Brake Diameter (in): 10.2
Front Brake Diameter (mm): 260
Front Brake Type: Hydraulic Disc
Rear Brake Diameter (in): 8.7
Rear Brake Diameter (mm): 220
Rear Brake Type: Hydraulic Disc
Bore (in): 2.61
Bore (mm): 66.4
Carburetion Brand: Keihin
Carburetion Type: Fuel Injected
Displacement (cc): 249
Displacement (ci): 15.2
Engine Stroke: 2-Stroke
Engine Type: Single-Cylinder
Fuel Injector Size (mm): 39
Fuel Injector: Yes
Fuel Requirements: Premium
Fuel Type: Gas / Oil Injected
Horsepower (bhp): 47
Horsepower (kW): 35.1
Stroke (in): 2.83
Stroke (mm): 72
Torque (Ft Lbs): 30.1
Torque (Nm): 40.8
Valve Configuration: Reed Valve
Body Material: Plastic
Exhaust Guard: Yes
Foot Peg Location: Driver
Fork Guards: Yes
Frame: Chromium Molybdenum
Hand Guards: Yes
Radiator Cover: Yes
Stand Type: Kick
Fuel Level Warning Type: Light
Number Of Seats: 1
Seat Location: Driver
Seat Material: Vinyl
Seat Type: One-Piece
Steering Control: Handlebar
Front Adjustable Rebound Damping: Yes
Front Suspension Brand Name: WP XACT
Front Suspension Size (in): 1.9
Front Suspension Size (mm): 48
Front Suspension Type: Inverted Fork
Front Travel (in): 11.8
Front Travel (mm): 300
Number Rear Shock Absorbers: 1
Rear Adjustable Rebound Damping: Yes
Rear Adjustable Shock / Spring Pre-Load: Yes
Rear Suspension Brand Name: WP XPLOR
Rear Suspension Material: Aluminum
Rear Suspension Type: Twin Sided Swing Arm
Rear Travel (in): 12.2
Rear Travel (mm): 310
WHEELS & TIRES
Front Tire (Full Spec): Dunlop® MX33 90/90 R21 54M
Front Tire Aspect Ratio: 90
Front Tire Speed Rating: M
Front Tire Width: 90
Front Wheel Diameter: 21
Front Wheel Width (in): 1.6
Rear Tire (Full Spec): Dunlop® AT81 110/100 R18 64M
Rear Tire Aspect Ratio: 100
Rear Tire Speed Rating: M
Rear Tire Width: 110
Rear Wheel Diameter: 18
Rear Wheel Width (in): 2.15
Tire Brand: Dunlop®
Tube / Tubeless: Tubed
Wheels Composition: Aluminum
Price does not include factory freight, assembly, PDI, and any other applicable surcharges